Current Information on the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
We are happy to welcome you again!
Wednesday-Monday: 9 a.m. - 6.30 p.m.
Opening hours „Narrenturm“
Wednesday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Please respect the following current regulations for your museum visit:
- It is required to wear FFP2-face masks in the entire area of the Natural History Museum Vienna. Please use your FFP2-mask when entering the building. For children from the age of 6 years, masks are compulsory with a regular mouth-nose protection, for teenagers from the age of 14 years with FFP2 masks. In the museum store you can buy FFP2 masks for 1 € per piece, as well as mouth-nose protection with various motifs for 12, 50 € per piece.
- Please keep a distance of at least 1 metre to all persons who do not live in the same household or who are part of your visitor group.
- Please disinfect your hands - disinfectant dispensers are available in the whole building.
- Avoid group-like gatherings.
All ticket conditions can be found under Information.
Online tickets can already be purchased from home.
Events & Guided tours:
- Guided tours can be booked in advance for a maximum of 16 people per group. Please be sure to register yourself or your group under . The necessary information for the registration of the participants will be given to you.
- To participate, you must bring a valid negative test result, a vaccination certificate or confirmation of having been through COVID-19. The control will take place on site.
- Events in the lecture hall take place with a maximum of 50 people. Please register for the lectures in advance, the event dates can be found in the monthly program.
- The shows in the Digital Planetarium can also be attended upon presentation of a valid negative test result, a vaccination certificate or a confirmation of a COVID-19 disease that has been passed. Tickets can be purchased online or on site at the info-center. Please register groups at .
The museum café is open again. Please note:
- Guests must bring a valid negative test result, a vaccination certificate or confirmation of having been through COVID-19. The control takes place directly at the table.
- There is a nationwide obligation to register.
- A maximum of 4 adults (plus underage children) per group of visitors is permitted - without restriction to different households.
The Digital Planetarium and the museum café remain closed for the time being.
Guided tours and events do not take place.
The Natural History Museum Vienna is keeping a close eye on all the latest information on the coronavirus crisis. On this web-page we will keep you up to date on new developments in museum operations and safety regulations. The top priority is the health and safety of our visitors and our employees.
We look forward to your visit - stay safe!