Plan your visit with school classes
Underground: U3 (Volkstheater)
Trams: 1, 2, 46, 49, 71, D (Ring, Volkstheater)
Bus: 48A (Ring, Volkstheater)
Thursday-Monday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
closed on Tuesdays
last entrance half an hour before closing time
Children and youth under 19 (with valid Photo ID) have free entrance.
2 accompanying adults free for every 17 pupils.
If you wish to visit the museum with a children/youth group (of 15 people and up) without booking one of our educational programs, registration through the registration form is required from 1 September. Please note that we are closed on Tuesdays.
Food and drink
Snacks brought with you may be enjoyed in the ground-floor lobby, as well as in the access areas to the showrooms on the mezzanine floor and on the first floor (seating is also available here).
Food and drink are not permitted in the showrooms.
The restaurant on the first floor serves drinks, snacks, lunch menus and à la carte dishes.
There are lockers for groups on the mezzanine floor. Groups that booked a guided tour or a birthday tour can receive a key at the information desk (deposit needed).
Please communicate the following to your group:
- Only use the lift when necessary, otherwise use the stairs.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the showrooms.
- Show consideration for other visitors (moderate volume, step back to allow other people to enjoy objects and stations if necessary)
- Freestanding objects may be touched carefully if there is no sign saying otherwise. Do not touch cordoned-off objects.
- Photography is allowed (no tripods).
- The display cases have historic glass panels, not safety glass. Running or bumping into and placing weight on display cases is dangerous.
Educational activities school groups can enjoy without booking an educational program:
- Tour with interactive stations
- Shark alarm: virtual tour at the large display case in the shark hall (Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri: 1.30 p.m., 3.00 p.m., 4.30 p.m.)
- Audio guides: available at the info desk (€ 6 per guide)
Registration to the educational programs
+43 1 52177 - 335 (Monday 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., Wednesday to Friday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m)